Spanish-American War: CA
Historical Analysis Skills:
- Students show the connections, causal and otherwise, between particular historical events and larger social, economic, and political trends and developments.
- Students recognize the complexity of historical causes and effects, including the limitations on determining cause and effect.
US History, (Grade 11):
- Students trace the rise of the United States to its role as a world power in the twentieth century.
- List the purpose and the effects of the Open Door policy.
- Describe the Spanish-American War and U.S. expansion in the South Pacific.